The scientific laboratory of remote temperature measurement was established at the Wireless Devices and Diagnostic Systems Department in 1999. The main activity is research on pyrometry.
The laboratory activities include:
1. Implementation and improvement of methods and algorithm of remote temperature measurement at industrial enterprises;
2. Planning, construction and testing devices for remote temperature measurement;
3. Development of standard sources of heat emission;
4. Research on metrological aspects of methods and devices of remote temperature measurement.
The activity of the laboratory is designed to solve the following problems:
1. The organization of the systems of non-touch heat monitoring of industrial enterprises (metallurgy, glasswork and cement production, oil and gas industry) to prevent cases of emergency, equipment failure and violations of manufacturing composite lead time.
2. Testing and calibration of devices of remote temperature measurement in different weather conditions.